September 5, 2017
From Monday 11 to Sunday 17 September I’ll be in Riga, facilitating a poetry translation workshop with four UK poets and four Latvian poets.
I’ll also be doing a writing workshop in a local high-school, sharing workshop skills with a Latvian counterpart.
We’ll be performing at the NicePlace on 16 September at 18:00 as part of Riga’s Poetry Days Festival.
British participants are:
- Llŷr Gwyn Lewis, a Welsh-language writer and one of Literary Europe Live’s New Voices from Europe 2017
- Kathrine Sowerby, a writer living in Glasgow
- William Letford, a Scottish poet
- MacGillivray (Kirsten Norrie), a Scottish poet and musician
- Ryan Van Winkle (Facilitator), poet, live artist, podcaster and critic living in Edinburgh
Latvian participants are:
- Inga Pizāne, a poet and songwriter
- Henriks Eliass Zegners, a young poet and music critic
- Eduards Aivars, a poet, short prose writer, essayist and a long-time literary mentor
- Jelena Glazova, a poet.
The workshop is organized & supported by Latvia’s International Writers and Translators House, the Latvia Publishers Associatio, the Latvian Literature platform and is a part of the Literary Europe Live project.